Monday, March 13, 2006

Sick Day (after day, after day)


I could use a a pair of those doggie alien contact lenses of Weasel's about now.

I've been pretty sick for the past two weeks but I've been coming to school because each day I kept thinking I was getting better. you feel a little better today, right?
Friday night I stayed at work to get my piles of papers in some order and update my school webpages and think about lesson plans for this week. Later, I met my husband and his friends for dinner on 5th Ave. I was feeling a bit off but chalked it up to a tiring week. By Saturday I felt a bit worse but figured it was the result of a sleepless Friday night after having gone to bed with a pounding headache. By Saturday evening it was written all over my face she's sick and sicker. While I managed to make an early appearance at a family cocktail party on PPW, the school auction was out of the question. Sunday dawned, I had a raging fever and pretty much every unpleasant symptom imaginable. I spent the day staying alive. By midnight, I could no longer see as my eyes were glued over with the same substance being produced by my respiratory tract. I really don't think I've ever felt this sick in my adult life.
I am home today waiting to (finally) see a doctor, not my own, mind you - he only sees people on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Contracts are due today, I never did sign mine. I'm not sure I could even find it at this point. According to Listmaker's blog, they will officially start looking to replace me tomorrow.
Maybe we'll all get better.

5 comments:

Listmaker said...

we miss you. the school has a different feel w/o you in it.
get better.

Mondale said...

Get well soon!!

Briar said...

You better not leave me, too. Mondale and I may well end up driving one another totally INSANE.

Wisdom Weasel said...

If the dog's hadn't gone and lost their lenses, they would be on their way priority mail.

Gosh, hope you feel better soon. Chin up and might I suggest my grandmother's patent butter, sugar and whisky cure? Make a syrup out of a little butter and sugar then add the whisky (do not boil). Warm, stir, sip.

Cures absolutely everything except leprosy.

Listmaker said...

now that you are feeling better, you really need to post something new so i don't have to see this scary photo anymore!