Sunday, July 02, 2006

Away

I'm liking the new head of BCS. The first e-mail I ever send to him? mind you, he doesn't know me from a hole in the BCS wall - is a request to take Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off this week, you know, to make it a whole week away from school. Technically, I'm on duty all of July and off in August, but since I probably will need to work a good part of August too, it didn't seem a far-fetched request. Coming off of a couple of years where we all seemed to be challenged to compete for the title of who can work the most - I was a bit skittish about asking.
His response -"if you say it works, it works for me, enjoy the time with your family."
We drove out to Quogue, Saturday morning. The house has had some improvements over the winter and we're loving the new outdoor shower. Baby Mactech was up at six today so an early trip (open at 8:00) to Target was in order. His B-day is this week so whatever he hauled off the shelves went into the basket.
"Buy it. Buy it."
What a red-blooded American boy.
The picture below represents the first celebrity sighting of the season. Adrian Grenier (Entourage) was at the beach.