Friday, March 30, 2007

A Gear Shifts


This is one of the most beautiful beaches in this hemisphere. There was a storm last night at sunset. Even rainy weather is appealing here but we return to the city tomorrow.
MacHub actually worked most of the week, spending hours on the computer, but neither his Blackberry nor cell phone function here and it is a wonder how much those devices control the person who is supposedly in control of them, for the working does not seem nearly as oppressive when you can choose to take a swim before you carry the laptop to the exact table near the pool that receives the best wireless signal.
I lolled around most of the time but I did rise early each day and walk for an hour followed by a swim. There was good snorkeling and good dinner each night. I read three books and listened to countless podcasts that I had saved up for the trip.
Having another week before school starts sounds good but I don't really have a week as most of it is booked up with installing Smartboards and catching up on dentist appointments (ugh). I really like April, May and June in Brooklyn. They're like wide warm stone steps descending to a sunny summer beach.
We start the final period of play in this school game and it goes fast and furious. We're all sweating and breathless when the buzzer sounds in June. Hey, usually, we all win.

10 comments:

Maestra said...

Beautiful pic!
I'm glad you are resting up just like James Brown was the busiest man in show business you are the busiest person in B*S. You deserve it.

Remind me to tell you how I had a hand in your comfort when you get back to Brooklyn:)

Maestra said...

just letting you know that i still faithfully check your blog everyday
hoping for a new entry

Maestra said...

I decided that every time I click on your blog I am going to leave a comment

Maestra said...

I must say it is a beautiful beach!

Maestra said...

How are ya!?

Maestra said...

still nothing?

Mondale said...

I'm with Msdee, I want some news, some something, some anything.

Maestra said...

*ahem*

Maestra said...

its been eight months but i dont want to give up:)

Maestra said...

That's it Im sending oyu an email. i miss your voice