Monday, November 28, 2005

A Neighborhood Story With a Good Ending

Went to the movies Saturday night. Saw Good Night and Good Luck. It is very good.
We walked back (from BAM) to have dinner in the neighborhood and wound up at Stone Park. We had to wait for a table and so had a drink at the bar (fine with me!) where we picked up some interesting background info on some characters in The Squid and The Whale.
We had dinner, wine, after dinner drink This is all in the way of an excuse as to why I probably left my purse there. Which is what I did. I didn't realize it was missing until late Sunday morning while searching for my iPod nano. – It was in the purse, along with all my IDs charge cards and plenty of cash.
I called the restaurant and explained that I thought I probably left my purse the night before. The hostess cheerfully reported that it was locked in the manager's office and I could come down and pick it up at my convenience.
Everything was in it. Completely undisturbed.

1 comment:

Wisdom Weasel said...

Is that sort of ending unusual? Please don't spoil my good impression of Brooklyn by saying yes...