Friday, October 07, 2005

What Goes here?



What? you say you think Mr. C is being drawn to a powerful magnet being wielded by Mr. B? (you can click the picture to make it bigger)
WRONG FOLKS.

At assembly this AM we were treated to a charming exhibition of "boys will be boys" Brit-style. And we loved every minute of it! The item on the string is a chestnut. The "boys" are attempting to crush each others nuts.
The game is called conkers? or konkers? or conquers! Yes that's it.
Mr. B was crowned champion nut-crusher.

3 comments:

Scrappy said...

I don't know these fellas, but they look like a lotta fun.

I had to respond because of the sound system in the background. It brought back some, shall we say, uneasy memories. I don't know who sets those things up these days, but I hope it isn't a hapless science teacher forced to endure inane arguments about plugs between the competing egos of an emerging "playwright" and "dog-loving" gym teacher. The way they played up plugging in those plugs you would have thought they were rewiring that church's gym each time. I'm sure its all as smooth as silk in the fancy new facility.

mactechwitch said...

Ah yes, I remember it well.
You would be so proud of how we've grown. I am now mistress of the AV squad and I make a special effort to be pleasant about this fact – early every friday morning.
While diva-director is no longer here on assembly days and dog-woman is just plain no longer here. I do have to bite my tongue when the set up involves a chorus performance. Those musical types...I guess that's what they mean by artistic temperment.

Wisdom Weasel said...

Conkers, ahhhh. Check and see that Alex didn't cheat and bake or vinegar his conker beforehand.